※ 2021 NeMaf Submission Regulations※
Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival is hosted and organized by iGong, ALT Visual Culture Factory. .
The 21th Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival with the mission including human rights, gender, and art sensitivities enthusiastically introduces to the public diversities of arts in which articulate flavors, creativities and experimental spirits of the individuals. Furthermore, we expect the convergence of video media culture and the expansion of its limits through new mediums of films, video arts and exhibit works.
3. Festival Period
The 21th Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival will be held from 21th August to 21th August, 2021.
The programs o f The 21th Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival are mainly divided into screening section and exhibition section. The specific classifications are as below. But it may change according to the festival condition.
■ Screening Section
1) Competition: Korea Propose / Glocal Propose
2) NewMedia Alternative Cinema (Non-competition)
3) Alternative GenreBR>
4) Special Screenings (Retrospective, etc.)
5) Theme Screening
■ Exhibition Section
1) Competition: Glocal Propose X
2) Alternative Genre: Virtual Reality Art X
3) Theme Exhibition
5. Qualifications for Entry
■ Common Qualifications
1)Submissions of the works for competition section of Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival must be completed after January 2018.
2)For exhibition section, we only accept the works created by the artists who reside in South Korea, regardless of nationality.
3)The submitters must prepare the preview as an online screener, specify the password in the entry form and submit the completed entry form before the deadline (May 10th, 2021).
4)The preview screener must be identical or the same version with the final screening version.
5)In case of submissions of several works, submitters must fill out the form for each one.
6)The work must be subtitled in English or Korean unless the dialogue is in Korean or English.
1)Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival accepts feature or short films regardless of genres such as alternative, experimental, animations, documentary, dance film. Found footage film, etc.
2) It is based on the screening time of features and shorts: the length of a feature film is 60minutes, or more, and the length of a short film is 60 minutes or less.
1) All entries for Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival will be examined by judges who will be selected by the festival. And only the selected films will be notified individually to the submitters after judges make their final decision.
2) Selections of Korean Propose and Glocal Propose will be announced at festival website on May 2019. br>
3) Competition winners will be determined by the judges of each section during the festival, and the audience awards will be determined by audience jury committee.
1) Awards of Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival are as below
- Best Korean Award: KRW 3,000,000
- Best Korean Award New Media Theater : KRW 3,000,000
- Best Glocal Award: KRW 2,000,000
- Audience Jury Award (Cinema) : KRW 1,000,000
- Audience Jury Award (Exhibition) : KRW 1,000,000
2) 모든 시상 내역과 명칭 및 상금규모는 페스티벌 사정에 따라 변경될 수 있다.
3) 한 부문에 공동 수상작이 있을 경우 상금을 절반으로 나누어 각 작품에 지급한다.
8. Submission of Documentation/Promotional Materials
■ Common Materials
1) Required Basic Materials
a. All the entrants of the selected screening/exhibition are required to submit additional materials. These materials must be submitted before the date indicated by the festival. (※ A complete list of required materials will be individually provided later via e-mail.))
b. The submitted materials are used as catalog and promotion materials of The 21th Seoul International ALT Cinema Media Festival.
a. Once a work is selected, the works in any language other than Korean or English must be provided with Korean or English subtitles.
b. The work should be subtitled as below:
- Korean language: English subtitle
- Korean language + English language: English subtitle + Korean subtitle
- Korean language + other non-English language: English subtitle + Korean/English subtitle
1) Submission of Print
a. The submitter of the selected films must submit both low-sized screener file and the final print in the requested format by the indicated date to Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival.
b. The final print could be submitted either online or DHL. The shipping instruction will be notified individually to the selected submitters via e-mail.
c. In case of a submitter agrees with festival promotion regulation, Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival uses an excerpt from the applicable work not exceeding 3 minutes (10% of the running time) for promotional purposes. If the submitter has a promotional video of the selected work for Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival, it had better submit it with the final print.
9. Presentation of the Film & Media after the Festival
1) All selected works of Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival will be kept at the archives which is run by Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival only for research and educational purposes. In case of refusal to adhere to festival regulations, the work will be excluded from the list of archives.
2) After the festival, the screening/ exhibition works of Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival can be shown again for only educational and non-profit purposes at “NeMaf Glocal Tour” run by the Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival. In case of refusal from the exhibitor, the work will be excluded from the list of “NeMaf Glocal Tour” and in case of approval from the exhibitor, the festival should obtain screening permission by copyright holder.
3) Only the works agreed with NeMaf Archive are going to have the preferential right to be recommended and introduced to invitation screenings from other international or domestic festivals.
1) The regulations above take effect with the submission of a completed entry form signed by the director, producer, agent or domestic distributor of the work.
2) Seoul International ALT Cinema & Media Festival reserves the right to decide upon matters not discussed in the above regulations.